This article explains the operation of the iCal.
1. Export availability
2. Import availability
3. Converting iCal blocks to reservations
4. Accepting appointments without a domain
5. Filtering out AirBnB 'Not available' blocks
6. Notification no price when blocking convert the reservation
7. Synchronizing iCal frequency
8. Import only when there is no conflict
9. ICal block on grouped type
10. Transfer iCal periodes not possible
You can share the availability of the accommodation agenda with another (external) agenda. We call this synchronization of the calendars. The link that controls this is called iCal. You then paste a unique link of the accommodation in the external agenda and you paste the link of the external agenda at the accommodation in Booking Experts. The synchronization is updated by the system every 15 minutes.
1. Search via the General Search Field the accommodation that you want to synchronize the availability using iCal;
2. Select the tab iCal;
3. With this link you can export the availibility to another channel.
1. Click on Add Ical URL to import availability;
2. Give the iCal channel a Name;
3. Paste the URL in the venster;
Example of received iCal: https://www.123boeken.nl/icalendar/hjgwqr7623874y2gr823tryuge
Example of iCal feed after adding: https://www.123boeken.nl/icalendar/hjgwqr7623874y2gr823tryuge&type=3
4. Select the Channel you want to connect the reservations to;
When creating an iCal you have to select at least one domain.
5. Go to the accommodation and click on the tab iCal;
6. Click on the iCal;
7. Check the domain and click on Update iCal channel;
8. To start the import click Import Now;
9. When the import is finished, you can see how many periods are imported and whether there are any conflicts in the occupation. To process the conflicts, click on the number of the conflicts;
10. You will receive an internal message when reservations provide a conflict. You can instantly see which reservations indicate a conflict and you can directly adjust by clicking Solve.
An iCal block can be converted into a reservation. This allows the reservation to be processed through your own administration.
Please note! At the current time, the NAW data, company and invoice amounts have not yet been taken over. These will be added in a future update.
1. Click on the blocked period;
2. Choose New reservation;
3. To create an invoice, click New Invoice;
4. The invoice will be drawn up based on the data from your own administration. You can, of course, adjust the invoice amounts.
When you import and export availability through one or more external parties and the iCal URL does not contain a domain, the following situation may occur.
Booking Experts will make a reservation. This availability will be exported to an external party through iCal. This party sets the period as blocked in the iCal calendar. Then, when the system imports availability, it shows up as blocked. Booking Experts then get a conflict because the period has already been taken. This is correct, but this is because it has already been taken by the reservation in question. The conflict is only due to not recognizing iCal as the same reservation. As an employee of Booking Experts, you will receive an external message that a conflict has occurred in the import. When you open this you will be able to see that it is about the reservation in question, so you can ignore the notification. We cannot prevent this.
When you want to import an iCal calendar, the system assumes that it's an iCal with a domain. If you cannot find this domain, a notification will come up on your screen. You can still use the iCal, however, to accept agreements without a domain, so long as you take the above into account.
If an iCal calendar has got a domain, this situation will not occur because only the availability created by that domain will be retrieved.
Different parties use iCal in different ways. This leads to various problems. Some features that an iCal feed may or may not have:
Domain UIDs: This means that we can separate the reservations of several parties. The lack of this can cause problems when importing multiple feeds at one property.
Stable UIDs: This means that the uid of one reservation is always the same. Due to the lack of this, reservations cannot be taken over in the administration. It also causes many conflicts.
Data: This means that the feed contains data instead of specific times. This has no effect on import, but for a system that has dates in the iCal feed our feed (or any other feed with data) may not work.
Period 11-01 to 18-01 there is a reservation in Booking Experts, it would normally get = UID 2.
Period 19-01 to 22-01 has blocked the owner for maintenance, which would normally get = UID 3.
Since AirBnB does not match blocks with what's being sent by Booking Experts, it can happen that an iCal feed results in blocks being created under 'Not available'.
This is inconvenient as it can significantly reduce your availability. To remedy it, you can add a filter at the concerned iCal feed. This filter ensures that blocks for which the note matches or contains certain words will not be put in place and that you won't receive an internal message about it.
1. Go to the accommodation you want to change the feed for;
2. Go to the iCal tab;
3. Click Edit to edit the iCal link;
4. At Filter, you can determine what the filter needs to do to ignore these messages;
5. Save the changes.
Now you will no longer receive internal messages from alerts that contain the 'not available' message.
When converting a block to a reservation it is possible to recieve a message that it is not possible because no price has been determined, even though prices have been entered.
When you recieve this notification, the reservation probably has a different period compared to the prices entered. For example, if you have a weekend price from Friday to Monday and a block from Friday to Sunday, Booking Experts cannot charge a price for the period and therefore cannot create the reservation.
You must then temporarily create a price period that matches the period for which the block was made. You can then convert the block to a reservation and retrieve the price just created from your price list.
Booking Experts both sends and retrieves everything through the iCal within a maximum of 20 minutes. The frequency at AirBNB is lower, so it only occurs once per hour there. Booking Experts has no influence on the frequency of AirBNB sending blockades.
Not entering a domain in the iCal feed may lead to an unnecessary amount of internal messages about conflicts. In the iCal link you can now indicate that you only wish to import when the imports do not cause a conflict.
When an iCal block comes in on a grouped type, the underlying accommodations will not be blocked automatically.
You want to prevent the underlying accommodations from being bookable when the grouped type is being reserved. This can be achieved bycreating blocks on the underlying accommodations yourself.
In order to notify you about an iCal block on a grouped type, we will send you an internal message. This internal message can be resolved by creating a reservation for the grouped type: the reservation blocks the underlying accommodations as well.
The underlying accommodations will not be blocked via the iCal automatically because you want to have the option as an organization not to offer the group during a specific period while still offering the separate accommodations.
Transfer iCal periods not possible
Note: You can only transfer manually created periods. Manually created means: periods created by you as an organization or by the owner. You cannot overwrite other iCal periods, otherwise this will be automatically re-imported via the iCal if the iCal synchronizes again.