Assign ledger account
You assign cost items, the proceeds from the rent, commissions and products in the cash register to a general ledger account. This ledger account handles the financial registration in a certain way. The exact procedure depends on the settings of the organization and the general ledger account.
1. Assign ledger
2. Unassigned ledgers are uncategorized
3. Change assigned general ledger account
4. Overview of the general ledger account
2. Go to the Financial tab;
3. In the right submenu, click General ledger account;
4. Click on Assign at the top;
5. Here you will find an overview of all ledgers. In the column General ledger account you can see which costs have not yet been allocated. You can click on the article to go directly to the right page where you assign the article to the correct ledger.
Unassigned ledgers are uncategorized
All invoice lines that are not linked to a general ledger account are by default booked on the following general ledger accounts:
1. Uncategorized payments;
2. Uncategorized costs;
3. Uncategorized revenue
These accounts do not have a general ledger number in Booking Experts by default. This means that they cannot be synchronized with your accounting package. In addition, these accounts are shown in a separate color in the balance sheet.
In order to have a proper financial administration, you need to set up these posts well for the future and for the booked rules in the past.
Change assigned general ledger account
You can change an assigned ledger account. This will book the product in question to the correct general ledger account in the future. You can do this in the following way:
1. Go to the tab Financial;
2. In the right submenu, click Ledger accounts;
3. Click Assign at the top of the page.
4. You will then see a list of costs, payment methods, etc. to which general ledger accounts have been assigned;
5. Use the Windows buttons ctrl + f or the Apple buttons cmd + f to search for the corresponding description;
6. If desired, you can also filter on a certain ledger account;
7. Select the cost, payment method etc. to edit;
8. Select the desired general ledger account and save the changes.
Overview of the general ledger account
A general ledger account can be used at various places in the system, e.g. for cost items, types of accommodation, commission appointments, etc.
In addition, a general ledger account can be used in journals that are processed in your balance sheet, that come back on invoice or receipt rules, and even in payments.
To get a quick overview of the places where the general ledger account will be returned, you need to open the general ledger account in question:
1. Go to the tab Financial;
2. In the submenu on the right, select Ledger accounts;
3. Click on the name of the ledger account you want to view.