You can use a coupon to get a discount on, for instance, a promotion or a package. A coupon can only be used by a guest who also has a coupon code.
Before you start, you can define the coupon codes. You can create an unlimited amount of coupon codes.
1. Go to the Accommodations tab;
2. Choose Coupons from the submenu on the right;
3. Click on New coupon to create a coupon code.
4. Choose the Coupon code;
5. Link this to a promotion and/or a package (it is also possible to select this later while creating the package or promotion)
6. If it is a promotion, it is possible to select whether different discounts can be combined.
7. Enter a coupon expiration date, if applicable.
When you have created a promotion you can link this with an existing promotion or create a new promotion.
1. Go to the Campaigns tab in case no campaign was started yet, and create a new campaign.
2. Click on New at the Actions tab to create a new promotion, or click on Edit if you want to link an existing promotion to the coupon code. (NB. Coupons can only be used with the complex price list)
3. At Coupon, select the coupon you want to link with the promotion.
You can create a package with a coupon code. For this, you may only use the no discount on rent package. If a package has a coupon code you will not find this under "Extra's", like with the normal procedure for a package.
By linking a package to a coupon code you could give a discount on expenses.
1. Go to the Packages tab and choose New -> Without discount on rent.
2. At Coupon you can select the applicable coupon code.
3. At Expenses you can select the expenses you want the discount to be applicable to.
While booking, the guest can enter one or more coupon codes. These coupon codes could be applicable to a discount, a package, or both in case the coupon is linked to a promotion and a package. At the end of the booking procedure, a field is shown where a coupon code can be entered for this reservation. If the guest enters a coupon code here, this will be directly applied to the reservation.
When a coupon code is used during the reservation, you will find this in the reservation overview.
If a discount is applied to the invoice through a coupon code, this will be shown on the invoice.
If you connect a coupon for example to a discount promotion that applies to the back office and personal website bookings, then the discount is automatically applied to all back office bookings that fulfill the other requirements (such as the correct period). To do so, you do not need to enter the coupon code in the back office. Entering the coupon code is only a requirement for website bookings.
If you make a booking and do not want the coupon discount calculated, then you can delete the discount from the invoice as long as the invoice is in concepts. You can do this by clicking on the trash can behind the invoice line of the coupon code.