Before you can let an accommodation through the Search and Book you'll have to create a type for this accommodation. This type is what visitors see on the website. You can connect one or more accommodations to this type.
For example: when you have five the same chalets with sauna, than you can make only one type.
The different between a type and an accommodation:
Type 'Chalet 6 persons'
Accommodation 'Chalet South-Sea 30', 'Chalet South-Sea 31'...
This 'type' is eventually what the visitors will see on the website.
1. Go to the tab Setup;
2. In the right sub menu, click Types;
3. Subsequently, click New.
The steps that you should make for giving your type further information:
- the type of accommodation you want to create a type for (if you only have one type of accommodation, there's no choice)
- Select the Terms and conditions applicable to this type. (For more information about the terms and conditions we refer you to the relevant support article).
- If Module Host/hostess has been created, you can upload a picture of the host/hostess of the type here.
- Tick if you want to highlight this type on the website
The feature Highlighted can only be used when ParkCMS is used in addition to Booking Experts. You can highlight types on the website. In search results, the highlighted types will be displayed larger. It is also possible to use a widget to highlight these specific types in an overview.
Fill in the following information:
- Name of the type;
- A short description (for the search results) and
- a detailed description of the type.
(If applicable, you can enter the foreign translation by clicking the flag)
Unique properties can be added to a type, after which you can display them on the accommodation page at the website. Unique properties can only be added per type, up to 5 unique properties can be added and given an extra highlight at your website.
1. Go the the Setup tab;
2. In the submenu on the right side, click types;
3. Select 'edit' at the type to which you want to add the unique properties;
4. Enter up to 5 unique properties, separated by commas.
Fill in the invoice details:
- Invoicing details. Here's a free entry text box you could use to mention for example there are certain costs on the park that have to be paid or certain conditions apply;
- Do not invoice the rent. When ticked, the rent will be visible for the visitor, so he does know how much the rent is, but the visitor doesn't pay the rent. This can, for example, be arranged by the owner himself the moment the booking is made. The rent will be mentioned on the invoice as an item that still has to be paid.
- Ledger account. Determine on which ledger account the rent should be paid.
Per accommodation you can list a maximum number of people, babies and pets. Under About the group you can indicate the maximum number of people, babies and pets. Use the first line to specify the total number of maximally allowed people. On this line you always will need to check all seniors, adults, youths and children. On the lines below you can enter more specific information, optionally per age category.
You can also further specify the content of the type with some numbers.
- If applicable, a Reference code;
- The minimum number of nights bookable for this type;
- The maximum number of persons;
- The maximum number of pets;
- If different from the establishment of the park, which region the park is located.
- If deviating arrival and departure times are applicable, you can overwrite those here and the times will be copied on the booking confirmation.
- For each type, indicate the features applicable to all accommodations connected to this type.
- Click add type to create the type.
In the overview, you get a good view of the steps necessary to view a type as rentable on the front office. The green bar also indicates how far you've proceeded in this process.
1. Images have to be added;
2. Prices have to be entered;
3. Accommodation(s) have to be connected to this type.
Images can be dragged from the desktop to the box for the images. It is also possible to upload images by clicking in the box. You can select multiple pictures simultaneously and upload these at once. You can change the order by dragging the images. By clicking View in front office you can directly view how this type will be displayed.
You can tag pictures you've added, or are going to add, to a type for summer, winter or the whole year. If you tag pictures for summer, these will be shown first when the visitor books between April 2nd and September 30th. When the visitor books between October 1st and April 1st, the winter pictures will be shown first.
By hovering over the image, you will have the opportunity to tag the picture for summer, winter or the whole period by clicking one of three options.
Paste the entire URL link of the youtube video in the available address bar. If you want to use a separate video for summer or winter, you can select at the top and paste a new link.
You can add attachments that you would like to include in an auto email. Let's say, for example, that you've got different arrival information per type. You can add it here. The attachment for the used type will be used for the auto email upon sending the mail.
Click New price list to add a new price period.
View the targeted helpdesk articles about the price list.
To connect an accommodation to this type, click Add. Fill in the required details and click Add Accommodation.
For more information, view the helpdesk article about adding accommodations as well.