Module meter readings
Measurers readings is a separate module in our reservation system. This will let you, among other things,
- set price per unit;
- keep records of usage by logging readings;
- settling usage with the owner;
- settling usage with the renter.
Before you can send an invoice to owners for measurers readings, you have to enter the price per unit for various measurers.
1. Click the gear in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then click on Measurers in the right sub-menu.
3. By clicking New measurer, you can add a measurer, enter the price per unit, and link it to a general account.
You can enter measurers readings per accommodation. With the difference in measurers readings and the price per unit, you can send an invoice to the owner for usage.
1. Go to the Accommodations tab
2. Choose the Accommodations tab in the right sub-menu
3. Select the accommodation you wish to enter meter readings for or search for the accommodation via the General Search.
4. Go to the Measurers readings tab.
5. Enter the data and click Save.
6. A settlement to the owner can be made after at least two readings. A settlement will be made to the owner active on the last date of the settlement.
1. Go to the accommodation's show page;
2. Click on Meter readings;
3. Select the data you wish to settle the difference of;
4. Click on Create invoice.
An invoice will now be automatically made with the relevant settlement.
You can then settle this invoice amount with the paid advance.
Once you have created an invoice to settle the GWE you can choose on the invoice (under the edit button) for 'Credit Invoice Line'.
A screen pops up now. Here you can search for, for example, advances and choose the owner's invoice this advance has been charged to. This will be deducted from the invoice.
You can charge meter readings to a tenant. When you use this option, you can enter a starting reading upon check-in, an end reading upon check-out and create a meter reading invoice.
First, you'll have to determine per type whether you want to settle measerments with the tenant.
1. Via the General Search Screen, search for the type you would like to edit;
2. Next, click Edit;
3. At Details, you'll have the option to check Settlement measurements with customer.
Upon checking in the reservation, you will be asked for the starting measurements of the meters. If you don't know, you'll be asked again upon checking out.
Upon checking out the reservation you will be asked for an end reading of the meters. When entering it and checking 'Create measurement invoice', the invoice will be created automatically. If you uncheck the option you'll still have the opportunity to create a measurement invoice afterwards.
When a reservation has already been checked out, you can still create a measurements invoice afterwards.
1. Navigate to the reservation overview of the reservation you would like to create an invoice for;
2. Next, click Edit
3. Choose Create measurement invoice.
4. If you haven't done so already, enter the meter readings;
5. Next, click Create Measurement Invoice;
6. A new invoice has been created, only for settling the meter readings.
7. When an advance has been charged at the reservation, you can credit the invoice line for the advance for this invoice.
8. Send the invoice Manually or per email if an email address is known.
Upon check-in of a subsequent reservation at this accommodation, the end reading of the previous reservation will be used as a starting reading.
You can export all meter readings taken in the past in one go. From this overview you can also enter the new meter readings all at once.
1. Go to the Accommodations tab;
2. Choose Meter Readings from the submenu on the right;
3. Choose the meters you want to view/enter in the filter;
4. Select the accommodation type and use the labels to enter meter readings faster and more effectively;
5. Enter the date when a new reading should be taken;
6. Choose the number of readings in the past that you want to view/export.
You may enter the new readings here. By using TAB you can directly jump to the next field. You can enter all meter readings, and the meter readings will be added to the Meter Readings overview at the Accommodation so you can send an invoice to the owner. You can export this overview by clicking Export.
Please note! It is not possible to enter meter reading values lower than the previous value. This is only possible at the accommodation itself.