Translations - Page in different languages
You can choose to have the content of your website (automatically) translated. You might sometimes still want to make a small change yourself on a page in a different language. You can do this in two ways:
Change entry language
The first option is changing the entry language of the CMS to for example English, German or French.
Go to the page where you want to make a change and choose at the top of the screen at Entry language the language that you want to change.
You will get on the same page, but in a different language (in this case English) Here you can then enter the changes.
You can change the text per widget. Two examples:
- Rich text: on the right you see the text in Dutch and on the left you can transcribe the text in English.
- Button: on the right you can see the name and the link URL in Dutch and on the left you can transcribe the link URL into English.
When you go to the " front page of your website, you will see the difference between the Dutch and English website.
The Dutch text is on the Dutch website:
The edited English text is on the English website:
The second option is showing a widget in different languages. For example, sometimes you might want to show a video on the Dutch website but not show this on the English website because it is in Dutch. Then you can choose for example to put an image in this space on the English website.
1. Open the widget that should only be shown on the Dutch website;
2. At Show for languages delete all languages except for Dutch;
3. Open the replacement widget (image) that should be shown on the English website;
4. At Show for languages delete all languages except for English;
If the entry language is now Dutch, you will see that the image widget becomes light gray with a notification Don't show in Dutch. This widget won't be shown on the Dutch website.
Now you CAN see the video on the Dutch website and CAN'T see the image:
And on the English website you CAN'T see the video and CAN see the image: