Create invoice items to merge rent and costs on the invoice
You can merge costs on an invoice item. This way you can display costs bundled on the invoice to the guest, but keep them separated in the back office.
- Merge all costs that are marked as Rent into 1 invoice item;
- Merge all Mandatory costs into 1 invoice item.
In order to realize this, a new invoice rule must be created.
Creating invoice rules
1. Go to the Financial tab;
2. Select Invoice rules in the submenu on the right;
3. Click New invoice rule;
4. Give the invoice rule a name and a description;
5. Indicate, by turning the check mark on or off, if you want the guest to see the content of the invoice rule at Show costs that are part of this rule;
6. Click Create invoice rule.
Adding cost to invoice rule
Follow the steps below to add a cost to an invoice rule.
1. Go to the Setup tab;
2. Select Costs in the submenu on the right;
3. Click Edit for the cost that you want to add to an invoice rule. A new cost can also be created;
4. Select the invoice rule to which you want to add the cost at the heading Item of invoice rule. Save the changes.
Invoice back office
The costs that are attached to an invoice rule are labeled in the back office. These are shown separately, but it's still clear that they are attached to an invoice rule.
The customer only sees the name of the bundled invoice rule and not the "separate" parts as we see them in the back office. Note: Make sure that the VAT percentage is the same for all cost items, otherwise it will not fall under one display rule.
Discount not visible on guest invoice
I have created a discount but the guest does not see a discount on the invoice. How is that possible?
In that case you have created an invoice rule in which everything that is characterized as 'rent' is merged on the invoice. You can easily see this from the yellow bar in the invoice where 'Rent' is. Since discount is also rent, it is merged on the invoice to the guest, who can only see the total amount on the invoice.
Commission not visible on the rent settlement
The commission is not visible on the rent settlement. How can I make it visible?
1. Go to the Organization settings (gear icon in the top right corner);
2. Choose in the menu on the right Templates;
3. Choose at the top Invoice templates;
4. Click on Edit at the end of the desired template;
5. Un-check: Invoice rules groupings.