Create or modify owner
2. Importing owners
3. Adding a new owner to accommodation
4. Modify owner throughout the year
5. Change owner's email address
6. Adding multiple owners
Owners can be created individually, or if you are first starting out with Booking Experts, you can also import owner details all at once.
1. Go to the Owners tab;
2. Then click New owner;
3. Enter the details asked;
4. Set owner to Active if you want to enable the owner to log in and if you wish to send invoices to the owner.
1. Go to the Owners tab;
2. In the submenu on the right, select Owners;
3. At the bottom of the screen, select Import;
4. Follow the import steps.
Adding new owner to accommodation
It is possible that you change the owners at a property in the middle of the year. Is the new owner not yet in your system? At first you have to create a new owner. We explain over here how you can create an owner. Then you can link the new owner to the accommodation. This is done as follows:
1. Go to the correct accommodation and then click on the 'Owners' tab;
2. Then select '+ New agreement'. See screenshot below;
3. You will make this agreement start on the date of the transfer and select the owner you already created
4. Go through the steps for this owner as you wish and create the agreement at the bottom of the page. Then you will see back that you have created the new owner.
It's possible that you sell an accommodation to a new owner in the middle of the year. The annual costs are often already settled by the notary, and because of this you need to add a new agreement from the transfer date and settle the payment that has already been made.
Because of already created invoices it's possible that you get an error notification during this process, in this error notification the invoices that are blocking the modification will be displayed.
In order to do so afterwards, you'll have to follow these steps:
1. Open the blocking invoice(s) in a new tab;
2. Credit the settlement and send it manually afterwards;
3. The original periodic invoice now displays an open amount which must be payed back, hold off on this for now;
4. Enter the new owner's agreement starting at the transfer date;
5. Until the transfer date, create a new invoice for the old owner and send it manually;
6. Settle the costs on this periodic invoice with the open credit invoice;
7. Starting from the transfer date, create a new periodic invoice for the new owner until the end of the year and send it manually;
8. Book a negative payment on the periodic invoice you credited at step 2, select a payment method you prefer;
9. This amount should match the amount that's open on the new owner's periodic invoice;
10. Book the payment on this invoice using the same payment method used at step 8;
11. The invoices are now settled, and the new owner won't have to pay anything anymore.
Change owner's email address
Adding multiple owners
The above steps can also be used when using multiple owners. In this way you don't have to delete the current linked user but you can leave it as it is and add multiple users who can log in as this owner. This often happens with couples where they both want to keep track of how the accommodation(s) is doing and want to see invoices and statements for example.